Monday 6 July 2020

FAKE BAKE talks Miss Scotland glory to taking over the fashion world with Mhairi Fergusson



We meet so many impressive people here at Team Fake Bake, and some become firm friends. As a brand, there is nothing we love more than seeing someone we have worked with go on to be, well, even more fabulous. Meet Mhairi Fergusson. We first met Mhairi when we were involved with Miss Scotland back in 2015. Mhairi went on not only to take the crown but to take on the role of Miss United Kingdom. Since then, she’s forged ahead not only with her beauty work but now as a successful model and influencer, and campaigner - our Stirling gal has definitely got style!


We sat down with Mhairi, via Zoom, to talk to her about her life, style and her love of all things Fake Bake, obvs...


Mhairi, we first got to know you when you won Miss Scotland. Did you enjoy the year that followed and did it change your life?
“I loved my time representing Scotland as a Miss. It definitely changed my life and I learned a lot from my year. I have memories that will last a lifetime and I also gained some of my closest friends to this day because of Miss Scotland. It opened a lot of doors for me and I went on to travel a lot with work after - something I hope I can continue to do post lockdown! I had the opportunity to live in Cape Town where I began acting and ended up in a Johnny Knoxville film which was really cool!


I was originally away from home competing at Miss World in China for a month, where I came 18th out of 140 competitors, winning the title of Miss United Kingdom 2016. My sole reason for entering was to raise awareness and vital funds for epilepsy, which is a condition I was diagnosed with when I was 13. Throughout my reign I raised over £185,000 for my chosen charity.”

 

We love your personal super-glam style. Who are your favourite designers, and do you like to mix your labels with High Street brands?
”Oh thank you! I follow trends and influencers but realistically I can’t get away with some of their street style, though I would love to channel that vibe! I invest in key pieces for my wardrobe, such as designer jackets, belts, shoes and bags - my weakness is a good bag! Then the rest of my style is a mix of high street brands such as Zara, Topshop, Bershka, and Asos as fashion changes so quickly, however I do like to treat myself with the occasional luxury brand shopping spree.”


We know you are super vigilant about skincare, especially sun protection. Can you tell us your fave skincare tips?
“I’ve always had very sensitive skin, and I’ve got that Scottish skin, you know, extremely white, doesn’t take a tan - like ever! So I’ve accepted my fate that I have to fake tan even on holiday! I still use sun protection, with a higher factor on my face. In terms of day to day skincare. I’m in the process of sampling different brands and routines - a current favourite is the “Omorovizca Cleanser”. And a good toner is a must, I’m currently using the “Cowshed Chamomile Refreshing Toner”, I’ve also been loving using a mist after my skincare routine - right now I’m using “Monu Spa Rosewood Reviving Mist”.

You love your Fake Bake - what are your favourite products and how do you get your tan Insta ready?
Fake Bake is the only thing I use!! Flawless Darker and the Fake Bake Flawless Coconut Serum are my go-to products, and because my skin is dry and sensitive I’ve found these products go on so well and don’t go patchy, they hydrate which is why I love the brand so much. Skin prep is obviously important, so I do exfoliate with the Fake Bake Coconut Body Polish beforehand, plus it smells so good. I also love the Fake Bake lip glosses, I never go anywhere without them!”



We always love catching up with Mhairi. She’s such a bright and gentle soul, and she’s brilliant to collaborate with. We have been talking a lot about the origins of our brand recently, and Mhairi is the skin type that brought Fake Bake to the UK, back in the day. Now, of course, so many of you with so many different skin types and tones love the range.

As we start moving towards getting back to normal, although it still feels there is a while to go, we just wanted to say thank you to you all for your support over the last few months. Whether you have engaged with us on our socials, treated yourself to some products, one of our Mystery Bags or hand sanitisers, or you are one of our valued NHS customers, we’d like to give you all our own round of applause. If you are a hairdresser, we know some of you are already working long hours. For everyone in the beauty industry, and that includes lots of self tan therapists, we hope the rules relax soon.

Until then, make a bit like our fabulous Mhairi, and go and put a tiara on. It doesn’t matter if it is real or imaginary, trust us it works.


Even on a Monday….

For all featured Fake Bake products go to www.fakebake.co.uk

To follow Mhairi on Insta go to @mazfergusson

To follow Miss Scotland on Insta go to @officialmissscot

To follow Miss World on Insta go to @missworld






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fake Bake United | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig