Monday 8 April 2019

FAKE BAKE talks life and style with our own in-house influencer, Roxanne Dragsnes…




Here at Team Fake Bake, we will take our fashion inspiration from everywhere, but when it comes to real life advice we all go to one person: Roxanne, our Social Media supremo. She’s just one of those people who has it. She makes off-duty a work of art, and we love her casual and contemporary approach to dressing. And, of course, she absolutely rocks a Fake Bake tan at all times. Roxanne also has very good hair, giving us major locks envy, and the type of nails that are lust worthy, too.


As well as being the brains behind our socials, Roxanne also works as part of our crack team who represent the Fake Bake brand at events, whether it be the NTA’s or one of own blogger/influencer occasions. Sounds fun? Well, it is, but it is also a tough gig at times, as while the celebs are on the red carpet, Roxanne is BTS, to make sure is everything is covered when it comes to Insta, Twitter and Facebook.
We caught up with Roxanne to find out more about her, her signature style and a bit more about what life is like being part of our family.
Over to you, Roxanne…..

I’m Roxanne and I’m the social media gal at Fake Bake! I absolutely love what I do as every day is different. Follow me on Instagram @roxanned_

We all love your style here at Team Fake Bake but who are your own inspirations?

I’ve always loved fashion and making something my own by adding tulle or embellishment. I studied International Fashion Branding at University and loved learning about all the different styles out there. I also completed a styling course in London where I got to work with a celebrity stylist which was amazing! My mum is super stylish and I have watched her put looks together over the years so I would have to say she is my fashion inspo.

I love the girls from TOWIE’s style and have watched the show since the beginning. Fake Bake Babe Billie Faiers has to be another style icon for me, I mean, did you see her wedding dress? GOALS!


I love stylist Mark Heyes. A lot of the clothes I buy come from his segments on Lorraine. I love his styling tips and how his looks suit everyone no matter their shape or size! He is a major inspo for me! The clothes featured are super-affordable and easy to access, too, which I think is really important.

Please, please give us some tips about how you put your looks together? What’s worth investing in? And what’s more budget friendly?

Gok Wan got me into adding embellishments to an outfit with his show Gok’s Fashion Fix. Even though I studied Fashion, I never made any clothes so I was obsessed with how Gok changed an outfit to make it look completely different and I learned how to do that from his show! I just start with a statement item, for example a Tulle Skirt, then work the look around that one item, like adding boots or chunky trainers and a faux leather jacket. I do that a lot with my outfits. I absolutely love the high street! Zara and Primark are my absolute faves as well as online boutiques. I always manage to find a bargain. When I have an event like a wedding or an awards show, I will tend to invest a bit more in that outfit but it will most likely be from ASOS so not mega expensive! ASOS is amazing!



Working in Social Media – every girl’s dream right?

YES! To be able to be on social media all day and interact with fans of Fake Bake and the lovely people we work with is amazing. I’ve made some great friends whilst working at Fake Bake like my girl Robyn Henderson (make sure you give her a follow) I go to a lot of events with her. We actually met at an event and just clicked and became best friends ever since! I remember my first day and Samantha Faiers liked one of our photos and Paddy McGuinness had messaged us and I was proper fangirling. Now I can say I’ve met nearly all of the lovely celebs and bloggers that I look up to, and while I get to meet recognised names, as a brand we really work in the background and with discretion, and I know trust is a huge part of why people work with us.
As for me, I mean, who would have thought two years ago I would be working for a Global brand and mingling with the stars? It’s great because I’m not sat at a computer all day every day and go out and about to photo shoots and events, and representing Fake Bake is a vital part of what I do as part of the team. I attended the National Television Awards in London and I have to say it was unreal and a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget! Even though it is incredible, it is hard work but Team Fake Bake are amazing. We all help each other out. Victoria (@VicFakeBake) is so lovely; I’m sure you all know who she is and I’m so lucky to call her my friend, as well as my boss, and I am so grateful to be working with such inspiring and successful women such as her and Sandra, who founded Fake Bake, so I’m super thankful to be where I am. What I post on social media is so important as self tanning is all about choice, therefore is it essential to include everyone in our posts. With social media getting such a negative view a lot of the time, I like to keep our posts positive, upbeat and bring fun to our pages.


You must have some Fake Bake favourites – tell us which ones you use to get you Insta Fabulous?

I absolutely love Fake Bake and have been a fan for years. I use Fake Bake Flawless Coconut Serum and I love love love it! That is what I wear in most of my Insta photos. We are all spray tan trained at Head Office so I’m lucky to get a spray tan now and again. When I get a spray tan I always go for Double Dark. I hate sitting in the sun and it is so bad for your skin so I always tan the safe way with a Fake Bake tan! This summer, I’ll be spreading the safe sun message, which Fake Bake pioneered. I am really proud to work for the brand and all that it stands for - really, the only way is up…..



We left our chat with Roxanne feeling inspired ourselves, and it’s so refreshing that as an influencer in her own right, she’s showing how to take accessible pieces and make them original, as there is nothing worse than turning up for an event and seeing the same look on repeat. And we are so lucky she is at hand, as we’ll definitely be bringing our new hauls in to talk about customising.

Getting Gok’d? We love a bit of Gok, but this S/S we’re all about getting Rox’d.

You with us?

All featured products available at www.fakebake.co.uk

All featured photos courtesy of @roxanned_

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fake Bake United | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig